Accountants for Taxi Drivers

Boox have a wealth of experience providing online accounting services to contracting and freelance drivers, combining simple software with great support.

Or call free: 0808 168 0422

Accountants for Taxi Drivers

Taxi driving is one of the professions most at risk of being investigated by HMRC. So whether you are a freelance taxi driver for a local firm, or topping up your income as an Uber driver, your tax and financial affairs need to be spot on. That’s where we come in.

How Boox can help you

Great Accounting Tools

Our simple online and mobile tools give you 24/7 access to your finances wherever your next fare takes you – whatever type of taxi driver you are. Our SME service is ideal for local taxi firms, our bespoke accounting app is ideal if you are running your limited company on your own, and our sole trader service is perfect if you are self-employed. Whatever way you work, our tools allow you to easily administer your business, submit your expenses and see how to take your income out of your business.

Proactive Support & Advice

You’ll have the unlimited support of our specialist accounting team, as and when you need it. Your dedicated team of accountants will be able to advise you on everything from what expenses you can claim to how to take your income, just pick up the phone or drop us a line.

Claiming expenses

As well as petrol or diesel costs, taxi drivers incur the cost of repairs, servicing and running their vehicle, as well as insurance, road tax and MOT, not to mention professional licensing and registration. We’ll advise you on what business expenses you can claim, while the apps let you manage these effectively online.

Personal Tax Returns

Aside from the affairs of your business, you will also need to file a personal tax return. If you don’t have the time to deal with it yourself and don’t want to miss the deadline or face the penalties, let us prepare and file it for you with our simple, efficient self assessment service.

VAT Guidance

If your turnover exceeds the VAT threshold, you will need to register for VAT. Even if you are not at the limit, it can be beneficial to voluntarily register for VAT if you deal with business customers who are also VAT registered. We’ll help you decide best approach to dealing with VAT, whether it’s standard VAT or the Flat Rate Scheme. We can also complete your quarterly VAT returns for you.

Knowledge Base

Practical advice on all aspects of freelancer accounting is available at the click of a button with our extensive help & advice section. It pulls together hundreds of relevant articles from our team of experts and is constantly being reviewed and added to.


Aside from the requisite taxi insurance, public liability insurance is essential to protect you and your customers. We can put you in touch with our insurance partners to advise you on this.


Keep your eyes on the road while we navigate the numbers.


See our guide to your business options as a taxi driver