Key tax dates and deadlines for 2018/19
It is an inevitable reality that, for anyone earning a livin...
By Jonathan London on 26th February 2014
As part of the latest update to our accounting app, weÃ¢€™re opening up our Banking functionality to all users, which we initially launched back in February 2013.
This functionality allows you to add different bank accounts to your Boox Accounting App and perform a reconciliation of your transactions.
This simple process gives you the comfort of knowing that all of your banking transactions have been accounted for and makes it easier for your accountant to complete your regular company health check and submit your quarterly VAT return.
We have two main ways to get your bank information into your portal:
1) If you have a business bank account with one of our banking partners, we will automatically pull in your bank account information via a daily feed, as we have done for the last year.
2) If we donÃ¢€™t have a feed from your bank you can now upload them in CSV format directly into the app, in one of our new enhancements to the Banking function.
For users of this tool, the following enhancements are being made as part of our latest app release:
1) As mentioned above, if we do not have a feed of your bank transactions, you can upload your bank statements in CSV format.
2) WeÃ¢€™ve completely overhauled the reconciliation function to make it a really quick and simple process; even providing the option for the app to automatically link your bank account transactions with the information in your accounting app at the click of a button. You can then review and submit the linked items for reconciliation.
3) You can now set a starting value for your bank balance to ensure that for existing accounts, we can accurately track the correct balance.
4) A running balance is shown against each account to allow you to easily refer back to the balance at an earlier point in time
This is free functionality we offer which is included in our service for no additional fee.
We are constantly reviewing changes made to our app previously, often based on client feedback.Ã‚ Following our enhancements to the invoicing functions back in October, weÃ¢€™ve made another change which will come live with the latest release next week.
WeÃ¢€™ve adapted the invoice creation process again to make it even more flexible, specifically when it comes to VAT.Ã‚ From next week VAT registered clients will be able to set the VAT rate for invoice items at an item level rather than applying to whole invoice. One of the benefits of this approach is the ability to now raise VAT only invoices Ã¢€“ which is pertinent for those interested in registering their company for the Flat Rate VAT scheme.
If there are elements you would like to see changed, or functionality you would like to see added to the Boox app, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or complete the feedback form within the app.
Take a look at our recent blogs below.
GDPR – the General Data Protection Regulation, comes into effect on 25th May and is the bigges...
Published: 24th May 2018
As a business owner, your time is way too precious to spend hours dealing with HMRC or Companies Hou...
Published: 14th May 2018
“Never do tomorrow what you can do today. Procrastination is the thief of time” Charles Dicken...
Published: 11th May 2018
Congratulations! The very fact you clicked this far shows you are considering employing staff, and t...
Published: 17th April 2018
It is out with the old and in with the new when it comes to tax relief on childcare costs from April...
Published: 9th April 2018
The Boox accounting app has always been at the forefront of helping our clients understand their com...
Published: 26th March 2018
Spring has officially sprung and the start of the 2018/19 tax year is just around the corner –...
Published: 23rd March 2018
If your business is employing staff, you should already have a workplace pension in place, under the...
Published: 23rd March 2018
At this time of the year we are used to seeing the Chancellor holding aloft the red box ahead of the...
Published: 15th March 2018
A dispute has erupted between the BBC and 170 of its presenters over their tax arrangements and thei...
Published: 12th March 2018
The rush for taxpayers to file their 2016-17 self-assessment tax return is over for another year, an...
Published: 27th February 2018
If you need a little help to find the right accountancy service, don’t worry.
Get in touch with our friendly team for a FREE service consultation.
Thousands of contractors, freelancers and locums turn to Boox for help and advice with their limited company accounting. They love our personal service and app.
Specialist accounting for sole traders and the self employed, Boox combines easy online tools with expert support to take away the stress of handling your accounts.
Our combination of market-leading accounting software and expert personal advice gives you greater financial control and more time to grow your business.