Your accounting experience guaranteed*
Use Boox for 60 days free of charge.
Sign up to Boox today and use our full accounting service FREE for 60 days. If you don’t feel our service is right for you simply walk away any time you like within the first 60 days.
Remove the worries of accounting and tax
The biggest nuisance of being self-employed is dealing with accounts, tax and the mountains of paperwork that goes with it. Traditional accountants can be expensive and understanding accountancy jargon can be a headache. Our simple sole trader accounting services bring together market-leading online accounting software with support from a friendly, experienced accounting team. We can help you with everything from VAT registration to filing your self-assessment tax return.
If you are looking for a better accounting experience, get in touch and tell us more about your business.
Cut your accounting time from hours to minutes
- Friendly expert accounting support to help you manage your business finances.
- Peace of mind knowing that your accounts are in order and deadlines are met.
- Practical advice and step by step guidance when you need it.
- Easy to use accounting software for a better understanding of your accounts.
What's included in our sole trader packages?
If the packages above are not quite what you are looking for we can tailor your accounting service to suit your business requirements.
*We support the following accountancy software: Boox, FreeAgent, Xero, Sage & Quickbooks.
Frequently asked questions
Boox offer online accountancy services to small and growing businesses across a range of trades and professions. We support businesses with a range of accountancy packages, the latest accounting software and a dedicated accounting team to provide ongoing support and advice.
Online accounting software gives you real time access to your business finances, while a dedicated accounting team is available to support you in office hours. You can contact us easily by email or phone. We’re also happy to conduct face-to-face meetings at our office in Portsmouth. See our guide “Choosing the right accountant”. Click here
Accounting software is designed to make your life easier! All of the accountancy software packages we support are very user-friendly and our accounting team will get you up and running with a thorough walk-through by phone or video call, to ensure that you are fully up to speed.
Our sole trader packages come with Freeagent as standard, but we can also support market-leading accountancy software including Sage, Xero and Quickbooks. Download our free guide, “Choosing the right accounting software”. Click here
If your turnover exceeds the current annual VAT threshold (£85,000 for tax year 2017 /18), you will need to register for VAT. We can help you register and advise you on the best VAT scheme for your business. Download our free VAT guide. Click here
5 ways Boox contractor accountants can help
- Stellar advice & support
- Our dedicated accounting team can advise you on how to meet your personal financial objectives in the most tax efficient way that legislation allows, as well as offering ongoing accountancy support and guidance.
- Quickly and easily raise invoices
- Connect your bank, easily create and send invoices, add new customers, manage expenses and see how much to pay yourself all within minutes.
- Take control of your cash flow
- Full visibility of exactly what's coming in and going out of your business 24/7 from any device, anywhere, anytime.
- Remove the stress of accounting
- Avoid the stress of nasty surprises. Track your tax liabilities in real-time so that you know what funds are available to withdraw and what should be set aside for tax.
- Safe and secure recordsg
- Total peace of mind that your accounts are safe and secure and easily accessible at any time.
Full range of accountancy servicesWe provide a wide range of online accounting services to support you with managing your business finances.
Getting set up
- Free company incorporation
- Advice on getting a business bank account set up
- Easy to use accounting app
- Stress free year-end statutory accounts
- Quarterly health checks
- Corporate tax return
- Payroll preparation and reporting (up to 2 directors/staff included)
- IR35 contract risk assessment (2 per year included)
- Accountant references (2 per year included)
- Data input assistance*
- VAT guidance, registration and returns*
- Registered office services*
- Self-assessment tax returns*
- Construction Industry Scheme (CIS)*
- Company secretarial services**
Who do we work with?
We support clients across a range of industries
- Trades and services
- IT and telecommunications
- Business and financial services
- Advertising and media
- Health and beauty
Thousands of freelancers, contractors and small businesses love our online accounting service.
New to being self-employed
New to being self-employed and have been guided and assisted extremely well by the Boox staff on everything I’ve asked them.
Certainly, recommend their services.
5 star review – 7th May 2018
I would definitely recommend Boox
I am new to the world of business and have recently signed up with Boox. I have found the staff at Boox to be extremely helpful, patient and accommodating. They provide clear guidance and if are unsure about any aspect of any queries they look into it and get back to you…
5 star review – 11th April 2018
A very positive experience so far!
They’ve been prompt in handling all accounting needs necessary for a self-employed contractor and proactive in their approach to dealing with their customers.
5 star review – 30th March 2018
Excellent app and service
Was referred to this company by a client of mine. I was transitioning from being a sole trader to a Limited Company. Really professional service and they are always there to help me with a query. I find the app really easy to use and they are just at the end of a phone if I’m not sure with anything. Would recommend – and have done!
5 star review – 21st March 2018
Excellent, friendly, professional service
What started off as “good” a few years ago has quickly developed into “superb”. I have no qualms recommending these guys. They’re proactive, friendly, communicative and professional. They’re especially patient, as I tend to worry a lot and stress about detail when it comes to accounting, but it never seems to phase them.
5 star review – 21st March 2018